|1st||11:26||BC||1-0||EV||Makenna Newkirk (14)||Megan Keller/19, Dana Trivigno/18|
|2nd||2:17||BC||2-0||EV||Toni Ann Miano (4)||Lexi Bender/17, Dana Trivigno/19|
|2nd||15:34||BC||3-0||PP GW||Andie Anastos (10)||Kali Flanagan/16, Dana Trivigno/20|
|2nd||17:56||VER||1-3||EV||Taylor Willard (7)||Amanda Drobot/4, Dayna Colang/11|
|3rd||0:21||BC||4-1||EV||Alex Carpenter (29)||Kenzie Kent/18, Haley Skarupa/28|
|3rd||2:06||BC||5-1||EV||Dana Trivigno (8)||Lexi Bender/18, Andie Anastos/15|
|3rd||2:18||VER||2-5||EV||Saana Valkama (3)||Taylor Willard/7|
|3rd||14:10||BC||6-2||EV||Alex Carpenter (30)||Megan Keller/20|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston College (25-0-0)||1/2||3/6||0|
|Madison Litchfield (L, 3-10-2)||60:00||6||11||10||14||35|
|Boston College Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Katie Burt (W, 21-0-0)||60:00||2||6||4||5||15|
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - The top-ranked Boston College women's hockey team matched its program record for consecutive wins, claiming a 6-2 victory over Vermont tonight to push their winning streak to 25 games. Dana Trivigno tallied four points (one goal, three assists) to lead the way, while Alex Carpenter added a pair of goals.
The Eagles now hold the second-longest winning streak in NCAA history - twice. In 2014-15, BC won 25 games from Oct. 19, 2014 through Feb. 6, 2015. This year, BC has yet to lose or tie a game, winning each of its first 25 contests. Both streaks are tied for second-longest in NCAA history behind Minnesota's record 62-game mark (Feb. 18, 2012-Nov. 16, 2013).
#1 Boston College 6, Vermont 2
Kelley Rink at Conte Forum, Chestnut Hill, Mass.
Friday, January 22, 2016
- BC matched its program record with its 25th straight win, tied for the second-longest mark in NCAA history
- Dana Trivigno recorded four points - including matching her single-game best with three assists
- Alex Carpenter tallied two goals to push her season total to 30
- Andie Anastos had two points (one goal, one assist), while Megan Keller and Lexi Bender each added a pair of assists
Boston College head coach Katie Crowley
"Coming off a game like the rivalry with Harvard (on Tuesday), it was tough to get yourself going after a win like that. I thought eventually we got going and started playing a little bit better. But the first period, for sure, was a little bit flat."
"I think (Vermont) is a fast team, they come out hard and they work extremely hard. And that's what they're going to give tomorrow. I hope we come out with a little more intensity and little more fire. But I think they'll come out fighting for that fourth spot (in Hockey East), so we have to give it everything we have to be ready for it."
"(Our second and third lines) are working hard to produce offense. Tori (Sullivan) is in a new position as a center so she's learning that D-Zone a bit and learning how to be a center. But I thought Dana (Trivigno) was great today. I thought their line was great. I think they're just learning how to play with each other and starting to get the hang of each other."
HOW IT HAPPENED
1st, 11:26 // 1-0 - BC GOAL: Makenna Newkirk got the Eagles on the board when she re-directed Megan Keller's blast from the left point. Dana Trivigno set the play up along the boards.
2nd, 2:17 // 2-0 - BC GOAL: Toni Ann Miano converted with a rocket from the right point after Lexi Bender played her wide. Trivigno kept the play alive when she kept the puck in the zone on her way to a shift change.
2nd, 15:34 // 3-0 - BC GOAL (PPG): Andie Anastos pushed in the rebound of Kali Flanagan's shot from the point after Bender played the puck across the blue line for Flanagan's rip.
2nd, 17:56 // 3-1 - UVM GOAL: Taylor Willard's shot from the high slot was initially saved by Katie Burt, but the rebound popped straight up and behind her, trickling over the line for Vermont's first goal. Dayna Colang got the play going when she dumped the puck around the goal, before Amanda Drobot connected with Willard up high.
3rd, 00:21 // 4-1 BC GOAL: Haley Skarupa and Kenzie Kent dug the puck off the near boards and found Carpenter in the slot. The senior skated in and ripped a wrister up over the UVM goalie's shoulder.
3rd, 2:06 // 5-1 BC GOAL: Anastos worked the play up the boards to Bender at the point, whose dump down low was wide. The puck went right to Trivigno at the end line, and she found space between UVM goaltender Madison Litchfield and the post for the Eagles' fifth goal.
3rd, 2:18 // 5-2 UVM GOAL: The Catamounts jumped on a clearing pass up the boards and Taylor Williams played a feed through the slot to Saana Valkama, who pushed it in alone on the near post.
3rd, 14:10 // 6-2 BC GOAL: Carpenter won the faceoff back to Keller at the far point, and then re-directed the defenseman's blast past Litchfield.
- The Eagles matched their program record with their 25th straight victory, which also ties the second-best mark in NCAA history
- This is the 12th time this season BC has scored six or more goals in a game
- BC is now 33-3-3 in the series against Vermont, and has won the last nine meetings between the programs
- The Eagles extended their NCAA record home winning streak to 40 games, and its national-record home undefeated streak to 46 games (45-0-1) ... the Eagles' home record now stands 13-0-0 this season
- BC tallied a power-play goal for the 27th time this season, converting at least once with the man advantage for the 19th time in 26 games this season
- The Eagles killed off all three of the Catamount's power-plays, pushing their penalty kill streak to 26 straight successful kills in the last eight games
- Dana Trivigno matched her single-game best with three assists ... this is the third time this season she's collected three helpers and the second time in the last five games
- Trivigno's four points were her most in a game since tallying four against New Hampshire (1g, 3a) on Jan. 25, 2014
- Trivigno's three assists moved her career total to 71 and leapfrogged her into ninth place on the BC career assist chart, passing Laura Traynham '97
- Alex Carpenter pushed her season goal total to 30 - second in the nation - with her pair of goals ... this is the third straight season in which she's tallied at least 30 goals ... it was her seventh multiple-goal game this season, but just her third with two goals (three hat tricks, one four-goal game) ... Her two goals pushed her career totals to 247 points and 120 goals
- Andie Anastos moved her career point total to 90 points and her season total to 25 points ... she is now 16th on the BC career scoring chart
- Anastos' goal snapped a five-game goalless streak, her longest of the season
- Lexi Bender's two assists pushed her career scoring total to 84 points, now the second-highest mark by a BC defender in program history ... Emily Pfalzer '15 leads all defensemen with 102 career points
- Bender's two assists pushed her career assist total to 67 ... she is now 12 back of Pfalzer's program record for defenseman of 79 ... Bender is 11th overall in the BC career assist chart, just two assists back of 10th place (69 - Laura Traynham '97)
- Megan Keller's two assists moved her career scoring total to 52 points ... they were her 39th and 40th career assists ... she moved into eighth place on the BC career defenseman assist chart and is now one back of seventh-place Dru Burns '13 (41)
- Keller leads the nation in points (28) and points per game (1.12) by a defenseman
- Makenna Newkirk tallied her 14th goal of the season, a mark that leads all freshman nationally and is third on the team
- Haley Skarupa collected her team-leading 28th assist of the season on Carpenter's first goal
1. Dana Trivigno, BC
2. Alex Carpenter, BC
3. Andie Anastos, BC
Vermont: 6-18-2, 4-10-2 HEA
Boston College: 25-0-0, 17-0-0 HEA
The same two teams return to the ice at 2 p.m. tomorrow, Saturday, Jan. 23, at Kelley Rink. The game will be streamed live on bceagles.tv.