|1st||0:49||NOE||1-0||EV GW||Paige Savage (10)||Halle Silva/4, Ainsley MacMillan/8|
|1st||9:37||NOE||2-0||PP||Shelby Herrington (12)||McKenna Brand/7, Jordan Krause/18|
|2nd||3:26||NOE||3-0||EV||McKenna Brand (5)||Heather Mottau/10, Jordan Krause/19|
|3rd||13:45||NOE||4-0||EV||Denisa Křížová (14)||Jordan Krause/20|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Elaine Chuli (L, 4-8-2)||60:00||4||17||14||22||53|
|Brittany Bugalski (W, 14-3-1)||59:58||0||5||4||6||15|
BOSTON, Mass. - Senior Jordan Krause dished out three assists and freshman netminder Brittany Bugalski turned aside all 15 shots as the No. 6 Northeastern women's hockey team (21-4-1, 16-2-0 WHEA) blanked Connecticut (9-10-5, 5-7-3 WHEA), 4-0, to earn its 10th straight win on Friday night at Matthews Arena.
Sophomore McKenna Brand notched a goal and an assist, and redshirt junior Paige Savage extended her point streak to seven games with the game-winning goal as NU earned its 16th Hockey East win of the year-a new program record since the Huskies joined the league in 2002.
Northeastern outshot UConn by a 57-15 margin as every player that dressed for the Huskies had at least one shot on goal.
- Northeastern struck first just 49 seconds into the game when Savage fired a shot over the right shoulder of UConn netminder Elaine Chuli (53 saves) from the top of the crease. - The Huskies pushed the lead to 2-0 just under nine minutes later when Shelby Herrington collected a rebound off a Brand shot and stashed the puck inside the right post from the low slot on the power play.
- Brand then took matters into her own hands in the second period, picking up the puck between the circles and sniping a shot into the upper left corner of the net just 3:26 into the middle frame.
- Northeastern tacked on a fourth goal at 13:45 of the third period when Krizova cut through the crease and tucked a shot over the outstretched arm of Chuli to make it 4-0.
Stats of the Game
- Northeastern won its 10th straight game, which represents the Huskies' longest winning streak since starting 10-0 in 2001-02.
- NU won its 16th Hockey East game of the season-a new program record.
- The Huskies have fired 168 shots on goal over the last three games (56.0 average).
- Savage extended her point streak to seven games with a goal.
- Savage is the fifth Husky to reach the 10-goal plateau this season.
- Herrington scored for third straight game and fourth time in the last six games.
- Bugalski posted her third shutout of the season.
- NU extended its unbeaten streak against UConn to 17 games (14-0-3).
The Huskies will look to finish the weekend strong on Saturday with a road game at UConn at 3 p.m.