|1st||16:15||DAR||1-0||EV||Kennedy Ottenbreit (6)||Catherine Berghuis/1|
|2nd||12:47||NOE||1-1||EV||Kasidy Anderson (6)||Shelby Herrington/6, Christina Zalewski/3|
|2nd||17:50||NOE||2-1||SH||Kendall Coyne (24)||-|
|2nd||19:09||NOE||3-1||SH GW||Denisa Křížová (8)||Jordan Krause/12|
|3rd||3:12||DAR||2-3||EV||Tess Bracken (1)||Kennedy Ottenbreit/7|
|3rd||4:30||NOE||4-2||EV EA||Shelby Herrington (8)||Kendall Coyne/15, Denisa Křížová/21|
|3rd||12:17||NOE||5-2||EV||Kendall Coyne (25)||Denisa Křížová/22, Jordan Krause/13|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Robyn Chemago (L, 4-8-2)||60:00||5||13||9||5||27|
|Sarah Foss (W, 4-1-0)||59:51||2||5||13||10||28|
BOSTON - Senior Kendall Coyne and sophomore Denisa Krizova each posted three points to help the Northeastern women's hockey team (14-4-1) start the new year with a bang in a 5-2 win over Dartmouth (4-9-2) on Saturday at Matthews Arena.
Freshman Kasidy Anderson and sophomore Shelby Herrington also scored for the Huskies, while junior Sarah Foss made 28 saves to earn her third straight victory.
Northeastern scored two shorthanded goals as part of a three-goal second period that turned a 1-0 deficit into a 3-1 lead in a span of 6:22.
- Dartmouth got on the board first at 16:15 of the first period. On a quick transition up the ice, Catherine Berghuis found Kennedy Ottenbreit open on the right wing for an uncontested wrister that found its way by Foss from just inside the top of the circle.
- Northeastern evened the score at one-apiece when Anderson gained the Dartmouth zone on the left wing and sniped a shot over the blocker of Big Green netminder Robyn Chemago (27 saves) at 12:47 of the middle frame.
- The Huskies took their first lead of the game courtesy of a Coyne shorthanded strike at 17:50 of the second stanza. After stealing the puck in the defensive zone, Coyne raced up the ice and skated by the Dartmouth defense, before finishing on the doorstep to make it 2-1.
- Krizova netted the Huskies' second shorthanded goal of the day with her eighth of the year at 19:09 of the second. Senior Jordan Krause collected a loose puck in the neutral zone and sprung Krizova into the Big Green zone. The sophomore dangled through a defender and slipped the puck through the five-hole of Chemago to give NU its third goal in a span of 6:22.
- Dartmouth pulled a goal back 3:12 into the third period when Tess Bracken's blast squeezed by Foss from the right point.
- Northeastern quickly reestablished its two-goal cushion when Herrington crashed the net and flipped a rebound over the shoulder of Chemago at 4:30 of the final frame.
- The Huskies added a fifth goal with 7:43 to play on a beautiful tic-tac-toe play between Krizova and Coyne. After taking an outlet from Krause, Coyne and Krizova exchanged passes on a 2-on-1, before Coyne slammed the disc home in the low slot to make it 5-2.
Stats of the Game
- Coyne notched two goals and one assist to reach 40 points in just 18 games.
- Krizova tallied a goal and two assists to hit 30 points in 18 games.
- Coyne, Krizova and Krause each posted a plus-four rating in the game.
- The Huskies scored two shorthanded goals for the first time since Oct. 5, 2013 vs. RIT.
- NU improved to 5-1-1 in non-conference games.
- The Huskies have scored five goals or more in 11 of their 19 games.
The Huskies return to Hockey East play for a 7 p.m. contest against Connecticut on Tuesday at Matthews Arena.