|2nd||4:44||LIN||1-0||PP||Shara Jasper (5)||Sarah Bobrowski/6, Ally Larson/3|
|2nd||7:38||NOE||1-1||PP||Kendall Coyne (7)||Denisa Křížová/4, Heather Mottau/1|
|3rd||3:35||NOE||2-1||EV||Shelby Herrington (4)||Paige Savage/2, Maddie Hartman/2|
|3rd||4:09||LIN||2-2||EV||Shara Jasper (6)||Carrie Atkinson/2, Shannon Morris-Reade/5|
|3rd||11:39||LIN||3-2||EV GW||Shannon Morris-Reade (2)||Tae Otte/2, Sarah Bobrowski/7|
|3rd||19:20||LIN||4-2||EV EN||Shara Jasper (7)||-|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Jolene deBruyn (W, 1-1-0)||60:00||2||19||9||10||38|
|Brittany Bugalski (L, 1-1-1)||59:38||3||10||6||7||23|
BOSTON - Lindenwood's Shara Jasper recorded a hat trick to lift the visiting Lady Lions to a 4-2 win over the Northeastern women's hockey team (2-1-1) on Saturday afternoon at Matthews Arena.
Senior Kendall Coyne and sophomore Shelby Herrington scored for the Huskies, who led 2-1 early in the third, before the Lady Lions (2-4-0) rallied for three unanswered goals to secure their second straight win.
Lindenwood netminder Jolene deBruyn stopped 38 shots as Northeastern peppered the LU net with a 40-27 shot advantage. Freshman Brittany Bugalski was saddled with her first loss of the year, despite a 24-save performance.
- Lindenwood opened the scoring on the power play at the 4:44 mark of the second period. On a quick rush up the ice, Shara Jasper took a pass on the right wing, before cutting hard to the net and slipping a shot through the pads of Bugalski.
- Coyne tied the game less than three minutes later with a power-play goal of her own. After some nice puck movement in the offensive zone, sophomore Heather Mottau tossed a cross-ice pass to sophomore Denisa Krizova along the left boards. Krizova then dropped a feed to Coyne, who skated in from the wing and slipped a wrister under the pads of deBruyn to make it 1-1.
- The Huskies briefly took the lead in the third period on another beautiful passing play. Freshman Maddie Hartman took a pass at the top of the right circle and made a pretty cross-ice feed to redshirt junior Paige Savage for a shot that was stopped by deBruyn in tight. Herrington followed the play and buried the rebound on the doorstep to make it 2-1 just 3:35 into the frame.
- The advantage was short-lived, however, as Jasper tied things up again with a redirection on a Carrie Atkinson point-shot at 4:09.
- Shannon Morris-Reade then put the Lady Lions ahead for good at the 11:39 mark, roofing a shot at the right of the net.
- Lindenwood put the icing on the cake with 40 seconds to play when Jasper picked off a pass in the defensive zone and sent a long shot down the ice and into the empty-net to complete the hat trick.
Stats of the Game
- The Huskies held a 37-18 advantage in the faceoff circle.
- Coyne scored for the fourth straight game.
- Herrington scored for the fourth time in four games.
Northeastern will continue its homestand next weekend with a pair of games against Mercyhurst (Oct. 16-17) at Matthews Arena.