|1st||1:13||NOE||1-0||EV||Kendall Coyne (32)||Denisa Křížová/28, Hayley Scamurra/20|
|1st||13:56||MNE||1-1||EV||Victoria Hummel (1)||Jess Vallotton/3, Morgan Sakundiak/3|
|2nd||15:07||NOE||2-1||PP||Hayley Scamurra (13)||Heather Mottau/9, Paige Savage/11|
|2nd||19:00||MNE||2-2||EV||Audra Richards (11)||Nicole Arnold/3, Brooklyn Langlois/6|
|2nd||19:18||NOE||3-2||EV GW||Kendall Coyne (33)||Ainsley MacMillan/7, Hayley Scamurra/21|
|3rd||4:03||NOE||4-2||EV||Shelby Herrington (11)||Tori Hickel/8, Taytum Clairmont/6|
|3rd||11:04||NOE||5-2||PP||Paige Savage (9)||Denisa Křížová/29|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Mariah Fujimagari (L, 1-3-0)||56:15||4||9||15||16||40|
|Sarah Foss (W, 7-1-0)||59:58||2||8||7||6||21|
BOSTON - The No. 7 Northeastern women's hockey team won its ninth straight game and picked up its 20th victory of the season with a 5-2 win over Maine on Alumnae Day Sunday at Matthews Arena.
Junior Hayley Scamurra notched a goal and two assists, and senior Kendall Coyne potted two goals-including the game-winner late in the second period-to help the Huskies (20-4-1, 15-2-0 WHEA) earn the regular season sweep of Maine (7-16-2, 3-12-1 WHEA).
Sophomore Denisa Krizova (two assists) and redshirt junior Paige Savage (goal, assist) chipped in two points apiece, while junior Sarah Foss won her sixth straight game with 21 stops in net.
- Coyne put the Huskies in front with her 32nd goal of the season just 1:13 into the game. After digging the puck out of the left corner, Coyne cut to the net and slipped a shot along the ice, inside the near post, to make it 1-0 Northeastern.
- Maine answered at 13:56 of the first frame when Victoria Hummel fired home a rebound following a shot by Jessica Vallotton.
- The Huskies regained the lead at 2-1 on a power-play goal by Scamurra at 15:07 of the second period. The junior collected a feed from classmate Heather Mottau between the circles, and after having her first shot stopped, picked up the rebound and fired it home.
- Maine tied it up with 1:00 showing on the second period clock when Audra Richards tucked a rebound past Foss at the right of the net.
- Just 18 seconds later, Coyne redirected an Ainsley MacMillan blast into the back of the net to give NU a 3-2 lead heading into the second intermission.
- Sophomore Shelby Herrington increased the edge to 4-2 just 4:03 into the third. After senior Tori Hickel made a great move to blow by a defender on the right wing, Herrington scooped up the disc in front of the net and made a nice move to beat Fujimagari in tight.
- Northeastern tacked on another insurance goal at 11:04 of the third when Krizova drove end-to-end, before dishing to Savage in the slot for a one-time finish on the power play.
Stats of the Game
- Northeastern won its ninth straight game, matching its longest winning streak under head coach Dave Flint (NU also won nine straight during the 2012-13 season).
- The Huskies earned their 20th win in a season for the first time since 2012-13.
- The Huskies went 2-for-4 on the power play and killed off all five Maine power plays.
- Scamurra scored for the fifth straight game and notched her fifth straight multi-point effort (6-7-13 during that span).
- Coyne netted her NCAA-leading 32nd and 33rd goals of the season.
- Krizova posted her third straight multi-point performance.
- Savage extended her point streak to six games (3-6-9 during that span).
- Foss won her sixth straight decision to improve to 7-1-0 on the season.
- NU has allowed two goals or less in nine straight games.
The surging Huskies will look to stay hot next weekend when they face Connecticut for a home-and-home series.