|1st||1:20||MRC||1-0||EV||Sarah Robello (1)||Hannah Bale/1|
|1st||6:27||MRC||2-0||EV||Rachael Smith (1)||Jenna Dingeldein/1, J'nai Mahadeo/2|
|1st||10:36||MRC||3-0||EV||Hannah Bale (1)||Jennifer MacAskill/1, Jaclyn Arbour/1|
|1st||12:08||MRC||4-0||EV||Sarah Robello (2)||Taylor Accursi/1, Paige Horton/1|
|1st||16:16||NOE||1-4||PP||Jordan Krause (1)||Taytum Clairmont/1, Shelby Herrington/1|
|2nd||6:34||NOE||2-4||SH||Kendall Coyne (8)||-|
|2nd||11:58||NOE||3-4||PP||McKenna Brand (1)||Jordan Krause/4, Taytum Clairmont/2|
|2nd||18:59||NOE||4-4||EV||Hayley Scamurra (3)||Kendall Coyne/2, Denisa Křížová/5|
|3rd||10:16||NOE||5-4||EV GW||Hayley Scamurra (4)||Denisa Křížová/6, Kendall Coyne/3|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Jessica Convery (L, 0-2-0)||18:29||1||0||0||4||4|
|Brittany Bugalski (W, 2-1-1)||49:24||1||5||14||9||28|
BOSTON - The Northeastern women's hockey team scored five unanswered goals to overturn a four-goal, first-period deficit in a 5-4 win over Mercyhurst on Friday afternoon at Matthews Arena.
The Lakers (0-1-2) jumped out to a 4-0 lead just 12:08 into the game, but Northeastern (3-1-1) found a way to battle back, scoring two power-play goals, a shorthanded goal, and two even strength goals in the win.
Junior Hayley Scamurra scored the game-tying goal late in the second period, before netting the game-winner midway through the third as the Huskies improved to 5-1-0 all-time against the Lakers.
Senior Jordan Krause, senior Kendall Coyne and sophomore McKenna Brand also scored, while sophomore Taytum Clairmont had two assists.
- The Lakers scored on their first shot just 1:20 into the game. After a turnover behind the NU net, Hannah Bale grabbed the puck and centered for Sarah Robello to blast home in the low slot.
- Mercyhurst scored again five minutes later when Rachael Smith tucked a backhander through the pads of Sarah Foss on a breakaway.
- The Lakers opened up a 3-0 lead when Hannah Bale sniped a wrister over the glove of Foss on a 2-on-1 at the 10:36 mark.
- The puck was in the back of the net yet again 1:32 later when Robello tossed a shot from a tough angle on the left wing that snuck inside the near post.
- Northeastern answered on the power play at 16:16 when Clairmont found senior Jordan Krause open at the top of the zone for a shot that snuck through traffic and into the net.
- The Huskies cut the deficit to 4-2 in the second period on an incredible shorthanded effort from Coyne. After stealing the puck in the defensive zone, Coyne chipped the disc by one defender, and then undressed a second defenseman en route to a silky backhander under the crossbar at the 6:34 mark.
- Just over five minutes later, Brand brought NU within one with a power-play goal at 11:58. Krause took a feed from Clairmont at the left point and spotted Brand open at the right post for a shot that just snuck over the goal line to make it 4-3.
- The Huskies then scored their fourth unanswered goal at 18:59 of the second stanza when Scamurra collected a rebound at the left of the net and stuffed the puck under the pads of Sarah McDonnell.
- Scamurra then scored the eventual game-winner midway through the third with a rip under the crossbar from the low right slot.
Stats of the Game
- Five Huskies recorded multi-point performances, including three points from Coyne (goal, two assists).
- Freshman netminder Brittany Bugalski made 28 saves on 29 shots in relief of Foss.
- The Lakers outshot the Huskies by a 32-17 margin.
- The Huskies and Lakers will close out the weekend series Saturday at Matthews Arena at 1 p.m.