|1st||0:32||NOE||1-0||EV||McKenna Brand (7)||Paige Savage/12, Lauren Kelly/15|
|1st||12:00||UNH||1-1||PP||Amy Boucher (11)||Sara Carlson/11, Amy Schlagel/8|
|1st||17:31||NOE||2-1||EV||Kendall Coyne (36)||Jordan Krause/22, Heather Mottau/13|
|2nd||11:01||UNH||2-2||PP||Jonna Curtis (14)||Amy Boucher/11, Amy Schlagel/9|
|2nd||12:25||NOE||3-2||EV GW||Lauren Kelly (3)||Shelby Herrington/8|
|3rd||5:41||NOE||4-2||EV||Denisa Křížová (15)||Kendall Coyne/28|
|3rd||7:10||NOE||5-2||EV||McKenna Brand (8)||Paige Savage/13, Jordan Krause/23|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|New Hampshire (10-17-1)||2/7||3/6||0|
|New Hampshire Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Kyra Smith (L, 9-9-1)||60:00||5||10||9||10||29|
|Brittany Bugalski (W, 16-3-1)||59:58||2||7||7||5||19|
BOSTON - Sophomore McKenna Brand scored two goals to lift the No. 6/5 Northeastern women's hockey team (23-4-1, 18-2-0 WHEA) to its 12th consecutive win in a 5-2 victory over New Hampshire (10-17-1, 7-11-0 WHEA) on Friday night at Matthews Arena.
Five Huskies recorded multi-point performances, including two-assist efforts from redshirt junior Paige Savage and senior Jordan Krause, and a goal and an assist apiece for senior Kendall Coyne and sophomore Lauren Kelly.
Freshman netminder Brittany Bugalski won her sixth straight decision with 19 saves as Northeastern completed a perfect month of January (10-0-0) for the fourth time in program history.
- Brand put the Huskies in front just 32 seconds into the contest when she picked up a pass from Savage between the circles and fired a wrister over the blocker of UNH netminder Kyra Smith (29 saves).
- The Wildcats tied the score on a two-man advantage when Amy Boucher's shot deflected between the pads of Bugalski from the right of the net at the 12-minute mark of the first period.
- Northeastern pulled back ahead at 2-1 when Coyne picked up the puck along the boards and cut to the middle of the ice, before lifting a backhand over the glove of Smith with 2:29 left in the opening frame.
- UNH again tied the score 11 minutes into the second period when Jonna Curtis finished a centering pass from Amy Schlagel on the power play.
- Just 1:14 later, NU was back in front. Off a faceoff win by Shelby Herrington, Kelly scooped up the puck, drifted to her left, and wristed a shot off the right post and in to make it 3-2.
- The Huskies padded the lead to 4-2 at 5:41 of the third when sophomore Denisa Krizova crashed the net following a Coyne shot and tucked the rebound off the right post and in.
- Northeastern made it 5-2 just 1:29 later when Savage found Brand on the rush for a one-timer that beat Smith from the high slot.
Stats of the Game
- The Huskies won their 12th straight game-the longest streak for NU since the 1988-89 squad won 15 straight contests.
- At 12 games, this is NU's longest winning streak heading into the Beanpot in program history.
- Northeastern completed the month of January unbeaten (10-0-0) for the fourth time in program history.
- NU tied a program record for its most wins before the Beanpot with 23 (2001-02).
- Brand scored for the third straight game and notched her third career two-goal game.
- After not scoring in the first 25 games this season, Kelly scored her third goal in the last two games.
- Junior Heather Mottau extended her point streak to four games with an assist.
- The Huskies scored at least five goals for the 18th time this season.
The Huskies will take their 12-game winning streak into the Women's Beanpot on Tuesday against rival Boston University. Puck drop from Walter Brown Arena is set for 8 p.m.