CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - The seventh-ranked Boston College Eagles topped the UConn Huskies, 3-2, on Saturday afternoon at Kelley Rink. Kelly Browne, Hannah Bilka and Cayla Barnes each recorded a goal while Maddy McArthur made 37 saves for the win.
An unassisted tally from Browne and a short-handed marker from Bilka gave BC a 2-0 lead midway through the first frame, but Danika Pasqua put UConn on the board right before the break. Barnes would wrist home the winning score with three minutes to play in the second - with the Huskies answer two minutes later being the final strike of the game.
The Eagles went 0-for-1 on the power play while holding UConn to 0-for-4. The Huskies held the 39-19 lead in shots on goal in the game.
Tia Chan finished with 16 saves to McArthur's 37. McArthur moved to 5-1-0 on the year with the win.
No. 7 Boston College 3, UConn 2
Saturday, Jan. 30, 2021 | 3 p.m.
Kelley Rink | Chestnut Hill, Mass.
1st, 3:41 | 1-0, BC GOAL: A UConn player carried the puck out from behind the net and tried to bounce a pass back behind the goal but Browne was there to pick it off and come around the post to tuck it in.
1st, 10:46 | 2-0, BC GOAL: On the penalty kill, Bilka forechecked and forced Chan to play the puck up the boards where Olivia Finocchiaro picked it off. Finocchiaro centered a pass to Bilka in front for a one-timer at the hashmarks.
1st, 15:42 | 2-1, UCONN GOAL: Pasqua rushed the puck up the left wing. As she hit the face-off dot, she backhanded a shot that deflected off a BC stick and knuckled in under the crossbar.
2nd, 17:08 | 3-1. BC GOAL: Olivia O'Brien worked the puck across the circle to find Barnes at the center point. Barnes then wristed a high shot through traffic that snuck under the crossbar.
3rd, 15:04 | 3-2 UCONN GOAL: Natalie Snodgrass walked the puck up the left circle and then turned back towards goal. Her wrist shot deflected high off a defender and inside the far left post.
- BC now holds a 42-19-10 record in the all-time series with UConn ... the Eagles are 25-9-2 at Kelley Rink ... head coach Katie Crowley is 35-7-7.
- With her sixth goal of the season Hannah Bilka increased her point streak to four games (2-2-4) ... she now has goals in three straight games and points in seven of her last eight contests ... the Eagles are 14-0-1 all-time when Bilka scores a goal.
- Bilka's short-handed goal marked her second of the season which ties for tops in the country ... it was the third of her career and the 20th goal overall of her career.
- With her goal, Cayla Barnes moved into a tie for 10th all-time in program history for scoring by a defender ... Barnes has 23 goals, tied with Genevieve Richardson ... her career point total stands at 54 on 12 goals and 42 assists.
- The game-winning goal marked the first for Barnes this season ... it gives the Eagles seven different game-winning goal scorers on the year.
- Kelly Browne led the Eagles with five shots on goal on the day.
- Browne's goal marked the 30th of her career.
- Olivia Finocchiaro finished with two assists, a single-game season-high for points.
UConn: 5-8-1, 5-8-1 HEA
Boston College: 11-3-0, 11-3-0 HEA