CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - The second-ranked Northeastern Huskies came out on top of the ninth-ranked Boston College women's hockey team, 4-1, in a battle of top-10 teams on Friday afternoon at Kelley Rink.
Jillian Fey opened the scoring with two minutes remaining in the first period to give BC a 1-0 lead at the first break. The Huskies, though, would even the score late in the second period and then score three goals in the third for the 4-1 win.
The Eagles went 0-for-2 on the power play while the Huskies went 0-for-5. Northeastern had the 36-26 lead in shots on goal. Maddy McArthur made 29 saves for BC while Abigail Levy made three stops in seven minutes of relief action. Aerin Frankel made 25 saves for Northeastern.
No. 2 Northeastern 4, No. 9 Boston College 1
Friday, Dec. 11, 2020 | 2:00 p.m.
Kelley Rink | Chestnut Hill, Mass.
1st, 17:51 | 1-0, BC GOAL: Hannah Bilka drove down the right circle and cut in to the slip a backhand that Frankel shrugged away, but a big rebound popped into the high slot and Fey handled it and wristed a shot inside the right post.
2nd, 18:28 | 1-1, NU GOAL: A rush up the ice saw Katy Knoll center the puck from the left wing and Andre Renner collected it and finished it with a backhand to the far post at the hashmarks.
3rd, 6:00 | 2-1, NU GOAL: Lily Yovetich half missed on a shot attempt from the high slot but the puck found its way to Knoll in the slot and she backhanded the puck home from the top of the crease.
3rd, 11:23 | 3-1, NU GOAL: From behind the net, Katie Cipra centered the puck to the hashmarks and Kate Holmes one-timed it into the upper right corner.
3rd, 13:07 | 4-1, NU GOAL: Alina Mueller was fed into the offensive zone, skated into the left circle and wristed a shot to the far post.
- BC now holds a 45-43-7 mark in the all-time series with Northeastern ... the Eagles have a mark of 19-18-4 at Kelley Rink ... head coach Katie Crowley is now 37-15-4 in her career against the Huskies.
- Hadley Hartmetz extended her career-long point streak to five games with her assist.
- Eight current Eagles have now registered at least one point against Northeastern.
- Kelly Browne had a game-high 12 face-off wins for the Eagles.
- Cayla Barnes and Harmetz led BC with five shots on goal each.
Boston College: 4-3-0