No.1 Providence vs. Brown- Sun. 1/3 at Brown
- In the first time out in the Mayor's Cup Providence defeated Brown, 4-1, Dec. 10.
- Last time No. 1 Providence took the ice, the Friars fell to Cornell, 2-1, in overtime in the first round of the Florida College Classic. The Friars than went on to defeat No. 4 Boston College, 2-1, in the third-place game of tournament.
- Brandon Tanev (Toronto, Ont.) registered the game-winning goal for the Friars in the third-place game to keep their regulation unbeaten streak in alive at 20 games.
Merrimack vs. Union/ vs. Dartmouth - Sat. 1/2, Sun. 1/3 at Dartmouth
- Merrimack fell at Army West Point Dec. 29, 3-2, and now will look to get back on track with a pair of games in the Ledyard Classic at Dartmouth.
- In the loss to Army, Merrimack junior forward Chris Leblanc (Winthrop, Mass.) got the Warriors on the board in the second period. Justin Hussar (Lancaster, N.Y.) would add the Warriors' second goal of the game in the third period, Merrimack was unable to find the equalizer.
- Merrimack's Jace Hennig (Port Moody, B.C.) and Drew Vogler (Florissant, Mo.) were named Warrior Hockey East Player of the Week and Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week, respectively, for their performances against Canisius Dec. 20. Hennig scored two goals while Vogler stopped 18 of 19 shots to win his first collegiate start.
UConn vs. Minnesota/TBD/vs. Arizona State - Fri. 1/1, Sat. 1/2 at Minn., Tues. 1/5 at ASU
- UConn heads west for a date with Minnesota in the first round of the Mariucci Classic. Depending on the outcome of that game, the Huskies will face the winner or loser of Ferris State and Harvard third-place or championship game.
- The Huskies will move further out west for a matchup with the Sun Devils of Arizona State on Tuesday, January 5. The teams last met Oct. 16, a 5-1 win for the Huskies.
- UConn has not taken the ice since a December 11, 3-3 tie with Merrimack. In that game, sophomore Jeff Wight (Coquitlam, B.C.) scored his first goal as a Husky.
UMass vs. Army West Point/vs. Yale - Sat. 1/2 at West Point, Tues. 1/5 at UMass
- UMass will look to straighten things out for the New Year with a set with Army at West Point on Saturday followed up by a matchup with Yale on Tuesday.
- Last time out for Massachusetts, the Minutemen fell to the U.S. National Junior Team, 4-0, in an exhibition game prior to Team USA traveling to Finland for the 2016 IIHF World Junior Championship.
- After Tuesday's tilt with Yale, UMass enters an eight-game Hockey East stretch, facing ranked opponents in five of those eight contests.
New Hampshire vs. Vermont - Sat 1/2 at UVM
- New Hampshire defeated Maine Tuesday at Cross Insurance Arena in Portland, Maine, 5-4. The two rivals met again Wednesday night at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, New Hampshire. New Hampshire again came away with the victory in a 7-0 decision.
- New Hampshire had seven different skaters tally goals in the 7-0 defeat of Maine Wednesday. Tyler Kelleher (Longmeadow, Mass.) extended his point streak to 11 games by way of registering three assists in the two outings with three goals and 16 helpers in that span.
- Vermont last competed in the annual Catamount Cup and defeated Lake Superior State, 1-0, in the first round Dec. 29. Jonathan Turk (Calgary, Alb.) scored the lone Catamount goal in that game. Freshman netminder Packy Munson (Hugo, Minn.) recorded his second shutout of the year recording 23 saves and the victory.
- The next night, the Catamounts claimed the cup title with a 4-1 win over Colgate. Craig Puffer (New Caanan, Conn.) netted the first two goals of his college career in the game while Munson was named tournament MVP.
Notre Dame vs. Denver - Fri. 1/1, Sat. 1/2 at Denver
- No. 16 Notre Dame will take on No. 17 Denver for a two-game series with the NCHC foe in a battle of top-20 ranked teams.
- The Irish have not taken the ice since December 10 at Boston College, when they defeated the Eagles, 4-3, with a last-minute goal at Conte Forum.
- In that game, the Irish were led by Jordan Gross (Maple Grove, Minn.) and Dennis Gilbert (Williamsville, N.Y.), who each registered a goal and an assist in the game. Gross is now fourth on the team in points with six goals and eight assists for 14 points.