|1st||5:16||BU||1-0||PP||Matt Grzelcyk (2)||Danny O'Regan/9, Brandon Fortunato/5|
|2nd||13:54||BU||2-0||EV GW||Doyle Somerby (1)||-|
|3rd||18:44||BU||3-0||EV EN||Ahti Oksanen (4)||-|
|3rd||19:04||NOE||1-3||SH||Adam Gaudette (3)||Sam Kurker/3, Garret Cockerill/2|
|3rd||19:40||BU||4-1||PP EN||Danny O'Regan (2)||Charlie McAvoy/4|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston University (5-3-0)||2/4||3/6||0|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Connor LaCouvee (W, 4-1-0)||59:10||1||2||13||18||33|
|Ryan Ruck (L, 0-4-0)||58:56||2||17||6||7||30|
BOSTON - Despite a career-high 30 saves from Ryan Ruck, the Northeastern men's ice hockey team (1-7-1, 0-3-1) fell behind 2-0 through two periods, and could not erase the deficit as No. 11/10 Boston University completed the sweep of the Huskies on Saturday night in front of a sellout crowd of 4,757 at Matthews Arena, 4-1.
Adam Gaudette scored the lone goal for the Huskies, a shorthanded marker with 55 seconds left in regulation, while BU received goals from four different scorers. Danny O'Regan tallied a goal and an assist for the Terriers, who received 33 stops from Connor LaCouvee. BU used a pair of power play tallies to complete the weekend sweep, converting on two of four opportunities. NU was 0-of-3 on the power play, while both shots (34) and face-offs (24-of-48) were level for both sides.
- Boston University was awarded a pair of power plays in the early going, and capitalized on its second opportunity on a goal from Matt Grzelcyk. With BU flying through the neutral zone, Grzelcyk got behind a Northeastern penalty killer, took a pass from Danny O'Regan and ripped a shot over the
- Doyle Somerby gave the Terriers a two-goal edge with 6:06 to go in the second period when he forced a turnover along the wall in the defensive zone before speeding down the ice to beat Ruck under the arm for his first of the season.
- With Ruck pulled in favor of the extra skater, Boston University took a 3-0 lead as Ahti Oksanen buried an empty netter with 1:16 left on a shot from the red line.
- The Huskies spoiled the shutout for LaCouvee with 55 seconds remaining in regulation when Sam Kurker fired a shot on goal from the left side that LaCouvee stopped, but Gaudette was there to hammer home the rebound to make it a 3-1 game with Northeastern shorthanded.
- NU would pull Ruck again in hopes of converting with the extra attacker, but Danny O'Regan iced the game with another empty netter with 20 seconds left.
Stats of the game
- Northeastern is now 58-159-8 all-time against Boston University
- Gaudette has four points (three goals, one assist) in his last three games.
The road ahead
The Huskies will be back in action next weekend when Northeastern travels to South Bend, Indiana for a two-game set with No. 18 Notre Dame, beginning on Wednesday night at the Compton Family Ice Arena (7:35 p.m.).