|1st||2:09||BC||1-0||EV||Julius Mattila (6)||Graham McPhee/7, Scott Savage/16|
|2nd||13:27||VER||1-1||EV||Brian Bowen (10)||Derek Lodermeier/13, Trey Phillips/6|
|3rd||1:41||BC||2-1||PP||Austin Cangelosi (16)||Colin White/13, Matthew Gaudreau/23|
|3rd||2:21||VER||2-2||EV GT||Brian Bowen (11)||Mario Puskarich/11, Ross Colton/15|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||OT||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston College (18-12-4)||1/2||4/8||0|
|Stefanos Lekkas (T, 15-7-5)||64:57||2||6||10||8||6||30|
|Boston College Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||OT||Saves|
|Joseph Woll (T, 14-10-3)||64:54||2||7||10||12||0||29|
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - Sophomore forward Brian Bowen scored two goals including the game-tying goal at 2:21 of the third period to lift Vermont to a 2-2 tie against Boston College on Saturday night at Kelley Rink.
No. 16 Vermont - 2 / No. 11 Boston College - 2
Kelley Rink at Conte Forum / Chestnut Hill, Mass.
Vermont (17-10-5 / 9-7-4) / No. 7 Boston College - (18-12-4 / 13-4-3)
BC HIGHLIGHTS & GAME NOTES
- Julius Mattila netted his first goal in five games upping his total to six tallies this season.
- Austin Cangelosi scored his career-best fourth power play goal on Saturday night against Vermont and the 10th of his career. The Estero, Fla. native has now scored 52 career goals as an Eagle.
- The last time Boston College played in back-to-back games that went to overtime was on Feb. 20-23, 2015. The last time the Eagles tied two-straight games was when the Eagles tied BU on Jan. 19, 2008 and Maine on Jan. 25, 2008.
- Boston College is two points (29) ahead of Boston University (27) with two games to play in the regular season. The Eagles are four points ahead of UMass Lowell (25) and three points ahead of Notre Dame (26). The Eagles take on the River Hawks on Thursday-Friday while the Terriers and Fighting Irish meet in Boston on Friday-Saturday.
FIRST GOAL (1-0 - BC) FIRST PERIOD - Julius Mattila - 2:09 - EVEN STRENGTH
- The Eagles attacked early, much like Friday night, after Julius Mattila picked a corner on Stefanos Lekkas from the left dot at 2:09 of the first period. Scott Savage generated the play but shuffling the puck out of Boston College's end to Graham McPhee on the half wall. McPhee raced it into the zone, dropped it off for Jul. Mattila and he snapped it past Lekkas with the wrister for a 1-0 Eagle lead.
SECOND GOAL (1-1 - UVM) SECOND PERIOD - Brian Bowen - 13:27 - EVEN STRENGTH
- Vermont tied it up in the latter portion of the second period when Brian Bowen beat BC goaltender Joseph Woll on a wraparound. Trey Phillips quarterbacked the play from the neutral zone, pitchforking it to Derek Lodermeier on the blue line. Lodermeier connected with a streaking Bowen who raced down the right side of the net, duping the defense and wrapping it around the left post at 13:27 to tie it up, 1-1.
THIRD GOAL (2-1 - BC) THIRD PERIOD - Austin Cangelosi - 1:41 - POWER PLAY
- The Eagles reclaimed the lead on the power play thanks to a tip in front from Austin Cangelosi 1:41 into the third period. Ori Abramson was whistled for interference at 1:19 and Matthew Gaudreau connected with Colin White on the left circle for the one-timer blast. Cangelosi looped around and got the tip of his blade on White's blast to ricochet the disc past Lekkas to make it a 2-1 contest.
FOURTH GOAL (2-2 - UVM) THIRD PERIOD - Brian Bowen - 2:21 - EVEN STRENGTH
- Thirty seconds later, Bowen netted his second goal of the net at 2:21 to tie it up, 2-2. Ross Colton won a battle in the near corner to the right of BC's net and backhanded it to Mario Puskarich along the near boards. Puskarich sent a quick past to the post and Bowen collected it and slipped it past Woll in tight.
BOSTON COLLEGE GAME LEADERS
Points: Julius Mattila (1 - 0 - 1) / Austin Cangelosi (1 - 0 - 1) / Graham McPhee (0 - 1 - 1) / Scott Savage (0 - 1 - 1) / Colin White (0 - 1 - 1) / Matthew Gaudreau (0 - 1 - 1)
Goals: Julius Mattila (1 - 0 - 1) / Austin Cangelosi (1 - 0 - 1)
Assists: Graham McPhee (0 - 1 - 1) / Scott Savage (0 - 1 - 1) / Colin White (0 - 1 - 1) / Matthew Gaudreau (0 - 1 - 1)
Shots: Ryan Fitzgerald ( 6 )
Faceoffs Won: Austin Cangelosi (18 - of - 26)
Vermont: 0 - for - 4
Boston College: 1 - for - 2
Vermont: 2 - of - 4
Boston College: 4 - of - 8
BOSTON COLLEGE LINES
R. Fitzgerald - Cangelosi - Gaudreau
Cotton - White - Dudek
McPhee - Jul. Mattila - Calnan
Greco - Booth - Walker
McInnis - Savage
Kim - Moore
Jes. Mattila - C. Fitzgerald
Boston College will close out the regular season home slate when it hosts No. 9 UMass Lowell on Thursday, Feb. 23 at 7 p.m. and then closes the regular season at Tsongas Center against Lowell at 8:30 p.m. live on NESN and TSN.