|1st||4:42||BU||1-0||EV||Patrick Harper||Clayton Keller, Bobo Carpenter|
|1st||6:05||BU||2-0||EV||Patrick Curry||Chad Krys, Nikolas Olsson|
|1st||7:38||BU||3-0||EV GW||Bobo Carpenter||Dante Fabbro, Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson|
|1st||19:51||U18||1-3||SH||Josh Norris||Graham Slaggert|
|2nd||0:24||BU||4-1||PP||Patrick Harper||Bobo Carpenter, Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson|
|2nd||1:19||BU||5-1||SH||Clayton Keller||Jordan Greenway|
|2nd||6:04||BU||6-1||EV||Patrick Harper||Bobo Carpenter|
|3rd||0:15||BU||7-2||EV||Bobo Carpenter||Patrick Harper, Chad Krys|
|3rd||7:57||BU||8-2||PP||Dante Fabbro||Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson, Chad Krys|
|USA Under-18 Team||1||1||0||2|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|USA Under-18 Team||4||9||8||21|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|USA Under-18 Team||0/9||9/18||2|
|USA Under-18 Team Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Dylan St. Cyr (L)||59:46||8||15||8||10||33|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jake Oettinger (W)||30:32||1||3||0||0||3|
BOSTON - Sophomore Bobo Carpenter had a five-point night (2g, 3a) and freshman Patrick Harper continued his torrid preseason with a hat trick as the No. 3/4 Boston University men's ice hockey team rolled past the U.S. National Under-18 Team, 8-2, on Thursday evening at Agganis Arena.
Final Score: Boston University 8, U.S. Under-18 Team 2 - Exhibition
Location: Agganis Arena - Boston, Mass.
Box Score | Highlights | Postgame Comments: Quinn / Carpenter
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Boston University turned in another impressive exhibition performance, scoring three goals in each of the first two periods to cruise to the 8-2 victory.
- Sophomore Bobo Carpenter registered two goals and three assists while freshman Patrick Harper notched a hat trick and a helper.
- The Terriers scored three goals - all even-strength - in a span of 2:56 to jump out to a 3-0 lead less than eight minutes into the contest.
- Harper opened the scoring at 4:42 before classmate Patrick Curry and Carpenter followed to create the 3-0 cushion.
- Both of Team USA's tallies came shorthanded one in the closing seconds of the first period and the other late in the second.
- In the middle period, Harper finished off his hat trick, converting on the power play just 24 seconds into the stanza before adding his third goal of the night at 6:04. Fellow freshman Clayton Keller recorded a shorthanded tally in between Harper's tallies.
- Carpenter completed his five-point night on a marker just 15 seconds after the puck dropped on the third period and freshman Dante Fabbro capped the scoring with a power-play goal at 7:57 of the third.
- Junior goaltender Connor LaCouvee played the second half of the game and stopped 16 of the 17 shots he faced. Freshman Jake Oettinger played the first 30:32 and made three saves while allowing one goal to pick up the victory.
- Freshman Chad Krys and sophomore Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson each had three assists.
- BU killed off all nine of Team USA's power-play chances and went 2-of-9 with the man advantage.
- The Terriers held a 41-21 shot advantage.
- Harper scored eight goals on 10 shots over the course of BU's two exhibition games and had a hand in 11 of the team's 18 goals.
- All of the four goals allowed by BU during its two exhibition games were either shorthanded or 5-on-3.
- Carpenter, Harper and Krys all had a +4 rating.
- BU will officially open its season on Saturday (Oct. 8) when it visits Colgate for a 6 p.m. contest.
- It will be the second contest played in Colgate's new Class of 1965 Arena. The Raiders skated to a 2-2 draw with Army in their season opener on Oct. 1
- The game will be streamed live on the Patriot League Network.