|1st||3:07||UNH||1-0||PP||Michael McNicholas (11)||Tyler Kelleher/34, Matias Cleland/29|
|1st||11:42||UNH||2-0||EV||Ara Nazarian (4)||-|
|2nd||6:17||BU||1-2||EV||Jordan Greenway (8)||Charlie McAvoy/14, Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson/15|
|2nd||9:11||BU||2-2||PP||Bobo Carpenter (12)||Patrick Harper/19, Dante Fabbro/9|
|2nd||11:00||UNH||3-2||EV||Dylan Chanter (1)||Tyler Kelleher/35, Michael McNicholas/22|
|2nd||19:20||UNH||4-2||EV||Tyler Kelleher (19)||Michael McNicholas/23, Brendan van Riemsdyk/9|
|3rd||0:20||BU||3-4||EV||Charlie McAvoy (4)||Clayton Keller/17, Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson/16|
|3rd||15:36||BU||4-4||EV GT||Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson (12)||Jordan Greenway/18|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||OT||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|New Hampshire (12-14-5)||1/5||2/4||0|
|Boston University (19-9-3)||1/2||5/10||0|
|New Hampshire Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||OT||Saves|
|Daniel Tirone (T, 12-12-5)||65:00||4||6||13||15||6||40|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||OT||Saves|
|Jake Oettinger (T, 16-8-3)||64:08||4||7||8||4||1||20|
BOSTON - The No. 4 Boston University men's ice hockey team erased a pair of two-goal deficits to salvage a 4-4 draw with New Hampshire on Friday evening at Agganis Arena in the opener of a home-and-home series.
Final Score: #4/4 Boston University 4, New Hampshire 4 (OT)
Records: BU (19-9-3, 11-5-3 Hockey East), New Hampshire (12-14-5, 7-8-4 Hockey East)
Location: Agganis Arena - Boston, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- New Hampshire held a 2-0 lead after the first intermission and a 4-2 advantage after two but the Terriers drew even both times by getting goals from four members of their sophomore class.
- Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson scored the game-tying goal with 4:24 left in regulation and assisted on two other tallies.
- UNH held a 2-0 lead after the first intermission and a 4-2 lead after two.
- Jordan Greenway got BU on the board at 6:17 of the second to cut the visitors' lead to 2-1 before Bobo Carpenter converted on a power-play rush less than three minutes later to make it a 2-2 affair.
- The Wildcats regained a two-goal edge before the end of the middle stanza on goals from Dylan Chanter and Tyler Kelleher at 11:00 and 19:20, respectively.
- BU's second comeback started just 20 seconds into the third when a seeing-eye shot by Charlie McAvoy from the right point got through traffic to beat UNH netminder Danny Tirone and create a 4-3 score.
- The Terriers, who held a 17-4 shot advantage in the third, created the second tie of the game when Forsbacka Karlsson won a faceoff, allowing Greenway to fire at the goal from the foot of the left circle. Tirone saved the shot but Forsbacka Karlsson was there to clean up the rebound.
- Tirone made 40 saves for UNH while freshman netminder Jake Oettinger recorded 20 stops in goal for BU.
- The Terriers held a commanding 44-24 lead in shots, including a 38-15 advantage from the beginning of the second period on.
- Tyler Kelleher and Michael McNichols each recorded a goal and two assists for the Wildcats.
- McAvoy and Greenway each registered an assist to go along with their goals.
- Freshman Clayton Keller matched a season high in shots with eight.
- Carpenter extended his point streak to six games (5g, 3a), matching his career high.
- Senior captain Doyle Somerby played forward for the first time as a Terrier.
- The teams will wrap up their home-and-home series on Saturday (Feb. 18) at the Whittemore Center in Durham, N.H., at 7 p.m.
- The game will be broadcast on ESPN3.