|1st||13:33||BC||1-0||EV||Connor Moore (2)||JD Dudek/7, Christopher Brown/5|
|1st||14:17||BC||2-0||EV GW||David Cotton (3)||-|
|2nd||9:27||BU||1-2||EV||Shane Bowers (8)||Kasper Kotkansalo/3, Logan Cockerill/4|
|2nd||15:10||BC||3-1||EV||Ron Greco (4)||Casey Carreau/2, Kevin Lohan/3|
|3rd||19:31||BC||4-1||EV EN||Graham McPhee (5)||David Cotton/8, Julius Mattila/8|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Boston College (9-6-2)||0/5||10/20||0|
|Boston University (7-9-1)||0/6||9/18||0|
|Boston College Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Joseph Woll (W, 7-5-2)||60:00||1||7||16||13||36|
|Boston University Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jake Oettinger (L, 6-8-1)||56:43||3||13||8||2||23|
BOSTON - The Boston University men's ice hockey team came up short in its bid for a weekend sweep, falling to No. 15 Boston College by a score of 4-1 on Saturday evening at Agganis Arena.
The Eagles scored goals 44 seconds apart in the opening period and the only BU shot sophomore goaltender Joe Woll didn't stop was a redirect by freshman Shane Bowers midway through the second period.
BU moves to 7-9-1 on the year with a 5-5-1 Hockey East mark while BC improves to 9-6-2 and 9-2-0 in the league.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Just like Friday's game, the Eagles jumped out to a 2-0 lead with goals moments apart.
- A Connor Moore pass intended for Graham McPhee was tipped by a BU stick and in at 13:33 of the first.
- Moments later, David Cotton followed up his own rebound on a rush to give the visitors a 2-0 lead.
- Bowers got the Terriers on the board at 9:27 of the middle stanza with a perfect redirect from the foot of the left circle. Fellow rookies Kasper Kotkansalo and Logan Cockerill assisted on the tally.
- The Eagles quelled the Terriers' momentum when Ron Greco converted from the left side with 4:50 left in the second to reestablish a two-goal lead.
- The Terriers recorded a combined 30 shots in the final two periods but Woll was stellar in goal for the Eagles.
- BU got its sixth power-play chance of the evening late in regulation and pulled goaltender Jake Oettinger to get a 6-on-4 advantage but was unable to cut into the deficit.
- BC added an empty-netter by McPhee in the final minute to create the 4-1 final.
- The Terriers went 0-for-6 on the power play and killed off all of the Eagles' five chances with the man advantage.
- Woll turned in a 36-save performance to take first-star honors.
- Oettinger made 23 saves for the Terriers, who held a 37-27 shot advantage.
- Junior Jordan Greenway recorded a game-high seven shots.
- Bowers' goal was his eighth of the year, which ranks third nationally amongst freshmen.
- BU earned a 7-4 win at BC on Friday.
- The Terriers will return to action next weekend in a home-and-home series with UMass Lowell beginning with a contest at the Tsongas Center on Friday (Dec. 8).
- The game, which will be broadcast live by NESN, starts at 7:15 p.m.