|2nd||6:29||UNH||1-0||EV||Margo Lund (4)||Jenna Rheault/1|
|2nd||9:58||VER||1-1||EV||Sammy Kolowrat (1)||Amanda Drobot/5, Bridget Baker/6|
|2nd||10:30||UNH||2-1||PP||Nicoline Jensen (2)||Taylor Wenczkowski/7, Amy Schlagel/10|
|3rd||5:32||VER||2-2||EV||Cassidy Campeau (2)||Dayna Colang/15, Gina Repaci/4|
|3rd||10:51||VER||3-2||EV GW||Taylor Willard (9)||Rachael Ade/3, Bella Webster/4|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|New Hampshire (10-19-1)||1/7||4/8||0|
|Madison Litchfield (W, 5-12-2)||60:00||2||7||10||11||28|
|New Hampshire Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Kyra Smith (L, 9-11-1)||58:45||3||5||6||3||14|
DURHAM, N.H. - For the second consecutive day, sophomore defenseman Taylor Willard connected in the third period with the game-winning goal as Vermont rallied to upend New Hampshire, 3-2, on Saturday at the Whittemore Center.
Date: Feb. 6, 2016 (4 p.m.)
Location: Whittemore Center (Durham, N.H.)
Score: Vermont 3, New Hampshire 2
Updated Records: UVM (8-21-2, 6-13-2 WHEA), UNH (10-19-1, 7-13-0 WHEA)
UVM- Cassidy Campeau, Sammy Kolowrat, Taylor Willard
UNH- Nicoline Jensen, Margo Lund
UVM- Madison Litchfield 7-10-11-28 (60:00) (win)
UNH- Kyra Smith 5-6-3-14 (58:45) (loss)
Next Game: Saturday, Feb. 13 (3 p.m.) at Boston University
Next Home Game: Sunday, Feb. 14 (2 p.m.) vs. Boston University
Promo: Hockey East's Skating Strides Against Breast Cancer
Tickets: Online at www.unhwildcats.com or by calling 603-862-4000
- Taylor Willard scored the game-winning goal for the second time in as many days when her shot from the right point sailed into the upper-right corner of the cage to give UVM a 3-2 lead at 10:51 of the third period.
- Vermont entered the third period trailing 2-1 but outscored New Hampshire 2-0 in the third period despite UNH's 11-5 shot advantage in the final frame.
- Cassidy Campeau tied the score, 2-2, at 5:32 on a wraparound goal at the left post after receiving a return pass from Dayna Colang behind the net.
- After 26-plus scoreless minutes to start the game, the teams combined to score three goals in four minutes.
- UNH took a 1-0 lead for the second time in as many days when Margo Lund (St. Paul, Minn.) scored off her own rebound at 6:29 of the second period.
- The Catamounts tied the score almost three minutes later when Sammy Kolowrat also potted a goal off her own rebound at 9:58.
- UNH went on the power play 21 seconds later, however, and needed just 11 seconds to cash in on the skater advantage to regain the lead, 2-1, at 10:30. Nicoline Jensen (Rodovre, Denmark) scored her second goal of the season when her rising shot from the high slot sailed through a screen in front and under the crossbar.
- UNH pulled Kyra Smith (Littleton, Colo.) with 75 seconds remaining in regulation, but Vermont bottled up the neutral zone and did not allow a shot the rest of the way to secure the win and weekend sweep.
- New Hampshire recorded a 7-5 shot advantage in the scoreless first period.
- Not included among UNH's seven first-period shots was an Amy Schlagel (Blaine, Minn.) wrister from the inner-right circle that ricocheted off the near post with the Wildcats on the power play five minutes into the game.
- Freshman defenseman Jenna Rheault (Deering, N.H.) recorded her first career assist with a helper on the game's first goal.
- UNH recorded a 61-38 shot advantage in the two-game series but was outscored 5-3 by the Catamounts.
New Hampshire: 4-8
Vermont: 0-3 (5 shots)
New Hampshire: 1-7 (12 shots)
Points: Nine tied (1)
Goals: Cassidy Campeau (1), Sammy Kolowrat (1), Taylor Willard (1)
Assists: Rachel Ade (1), Bridget Baker (1), Dayna Colang (1), Amanda Drobot (1), Gina Repaci (1), Bella Webster (1)
Shots: MacKenzie MacNeil (3), Taylor Willard (3)
Blocked Shots: Katherine Pate (3)
NEW HAMPSHIRE LEADERS
Points: Nicoline Jensen (1), Margo Lund (1), Jenna Rheault (1), Amy Schlagel (1), Taylor Wenczkowski (1)
Goals: Nicoline Jensen (1), Margo Lund (1)
Assists: Jenna Rheault (1), Amy Schlagel (1), Taylor Wenczkowski (1)
Shots: Nicoline Jensen (5), Cassandra Vilgrain (5)
Blocked Shots: Kate Haslett (2), Heather Kashman (2), Taylor Wenczkowski (2)