CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - Jillian Fey scored 2:09 into overtime to send the No. 8 Boston College women's hockey team to a 2-1 victory over UConn on Saturday afternoon at Kelley Rink.
The Huskies got the first goal of the game with just 5:02 to play in the first period and would hold a 1-0 lead all the way late into the third period. Hannah Bilka tied up the score at 1-1 with just under five minutes to play in the third period capitalizing right on the doorstep. Both teams exchanged chances in overtime before Fey's third game-winning goal of the season.
Abigail Levy finished with 28 saves in net for the Eagles while Samantha Carpentier-Yelle stopped 42 shots.
The Eagles went 0-for-0 on the power play while UConn went 0-for-1. BC held the 42-29 lead in shots on goal in the game.
No. 8 Boston College 2, UConn 1
Saturday, Jan. 23, 2021 | 3 p.m.
Kelley Rink | Chestnut Hill, Mass.
1st, 14:58 | 1-0, UCONN GOAL: Savannah Bouzide dropped a pass back to Viki Harkness at the left dot where Harkness then sent a wrist shot over the glove of Levy into the top right corner of the net.
3rd, 15:04 | BC GOAL: From the right point Cayla Barnes was able to keep the puck inside the offensive zone. She then guided the puck on net where Willow Corson stood at the top of the crease and tipped the puck down. Hannah Bilka skated through the left circle and picked the loose puck up just in front of the left side of the crease where she slammed it past Carpentier-Yelle.
OT, 2:09 | BC GOAL: Alexie Guay forced a turnover at the center ice faceoff dot which sent Jillian Fey in on a breakaway. Fey pulled it from her forehand to her backhand and lifted it over Carpentier-Yelle.
- BC now holds a 41-19-10 record in the all-time series with UConn ... the Eagles are 24-9-2 at Kelley Rink ... head coach Katie Crowley is 34-7-7.
- With her fifth goal of the season Hannah Bilka increased her point streak to three games (2-2-4) ... she now has goals in back-to-back games and points in six of her last seven contests.
- Jillian Fey now leads the Eagles with three game-winning goals on the season ... she is third on the team overall with six goals ... BC is now 8-1-0 overall when the junior records a goal and 16-2-0 when she has at least one point.
- Alexie Guay tallied an assist on the game-winning goal and now has points in five straight games (4-2-6).
- With an assist Willow Corson extended her point streak to three games (1-2-3) ... she now has points in four of her last five games ... the Eagles have a record of 21-1-1 when Corson records a point.
- Hadley Hartmetz and Bilka led BC with six shots apiece.
- Cayla Barnes moved into sole possession of 10th all-time in scoring (10-41-51) by a defender recording her sixth assist of the season ... she leads all BC players in scoring against the Huskies with 12 points (2-10-12) in 14 career games.
- The game marked the first overtime contest for BC this season ... the Eagles last overtime win came with a 3-2 victory at Maine on February 14, 2020.
- The Eagles were held without a power-play opportunity for the first time since February 29, 2020 vs. UConn.
- The Eagles increased their win streak to six games and remain perfect in 2021 with a record of 5-0-0.
UConn: 5-5-2, 5-5 HEA
Boston College: 10-3-0, 10-3-0 HEA