STORRS, Conn. - Savannah Norcross scored two goals while Alexie Guay had three points and Abigail Levy made 33 saves for her first shutout of the season as the No. 7 Boston College women's hockey team claimed a 4-0 win on the road over UConn at the Freitas Ice Forum.
Kelly Browne chipped in two assists and Willow Corson had two points on one goal and one assist. Natalie Tulchinsky added a helper.
The Eagles went 0-for-2 on the power play while holding UConn to 0-for-3. The Huskies held the 33-22 lead in shots on goal in the game.
Samantha Carpentier-Yelle finished with 18 saves to Levy's 33.
No. 7 Boston College 4, UConn 0
Sunday, Jan. 31, 2021 | 3 p.m.
Freitas Ice Forum | Storrs, Conn.
1st, 8:43 | 1-0, BC GOAL: Guay banked the puck off the glass into the neutral zone where Browne skated on to it and carried it over the blue line. Browne cut in at the circle and dropped a backhand pass for Norcross to flick inside the right post.
1st, 15:52 | 2-0, BC GOAL: In the neutral zone, Guay turned off a UConn player then found Corson up the left wing. Guay joined the rush and tipped home Corson's shot at the bottom of the circle.
3rd, 13:38 | 3-0, BC GOAL: While on the power play, a UConn shot deflected off Browne's stick over to Guay and then the puck dropped to Norcross at the hashmarks. The junior lofted the puck down the ice for an empty-net goal.
3rd, 16:32 | 4-0, BC GOAL: Tulchinsky chipped the puck up the boards in the defensive zone, allowing Corson to skate on to it, carry it over the blue line and then slot it home into the empty net.
- BC now holds a 43-19-10 record in the all-time series with UConn ... the Eagles are 16-9-8 at Freitas Ice Forum ... head coach Katie Crowley is 36-7-7.
- This marked the 500th game on the BC bench together for the tandem of Crowley and associate head coach Courtney Kennedy.
- Abigail Levy made 33 saves to earn her first shutout as an Eagle and the ninth shutout of her career.
- It was the first shutout for a BC goaltender since Kelly Pickreign's shutout against Merrimack on Oct. 18, 2019 ... it was the first road shutout since Maddy McArthur did it at Holy Cross on Oct. 3, 2019.
- Savannah Norcross recorded the first multi-goal game of her career ... it was the eighth multi-point game of her career.
- Norcross and Alexie Guay led the Eagles with four shots on goal each.
- Guay tied her career high in points with her one goal, two assist outing ... it was the sixth multi-point game of her career.
- Kelly Browne's two assists marked the 20th multi-point game of her career.
UConn: 5-9-1, 5-9-1 HEA
Boston College: 12-3-0, 12-3-0 HEA