BOSTON - Freshman forward Jack Hughes finished off a rebound late in the third period to score the game-winning goal for No. 20 Northeastern men's hockey (3-2-0, 0-1-0 HEA) as they defeated Colorado College (1-3-2, 0-0-0 NCHC) 1-0 Saturday night at Matthews Arena.
- Hughes scored his second goal of the season 14:03 into the third period, taking a shot from senior defenseman Jordan Harris (1) and putting it past the Tigers' netminder to break the 0-0 stalemate. Junior defenseman Jeremie Bucheler (1) earned the second assist.
- Sophomore goaltender Devon Levi earned his third career shutout, making 24 saves on the evening. His three shutouts lead the NCAA this season.
- With three shutouts through just five games, Levi is now tied for eighth all-time on the Huskies shutout leaderboard.
- The last goaltender to have three or more shutouts was Cayden Primeau, who finished with eight in his 70-game career. It took him 24 games to reach three, while Levi achieved the feat in five games.
- The first period was a scoreless affair, with the Huskies outshooting Colorado College 10-7 and Levi stopped all seven shots faced.
- In the second, the Huskies had a power-play opportunity but were unable to capitalize and the score stayed level.
- This was the first time the Huskies had played Colorado College since 2009, a 4-3 win, and the first time they hosted the Tigers since 1989.
In their next matchup, the Huskies will take on the Huskies as Northeastern hosts Connecticut on Tuesday evening at Matthews Arena at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, October 26. Catch the game on NESN or listen on 98.5 The Sports Hub (HD2).