ORONO, Maine - Kelly Browne scored a game-winning goal 2 minutes, 18 seconds into overtime to lift the Boston College women's hockey team past the University of Maine, 2-1, on Saturday afternoon at Alfond Arena.
The Black Bears scored just over five minutes into the game to take a 1-0 lead that would hold until the final 90 seconds of the third period. With Abigail Levy on the bench for an extra attacker, Hannah Bilka scored her seventh goal of the season to send the game to overtime. Bilka then set up Browne's winner to complete the weekend sweep.
RV Boston College 2, Maine 1 (OT)
Friday, Dec. 3, 2021 | 2:00 p.m.
Alfond Arena | Orono, Maine
- Maine had the 40-27 lead in shots on goal ... BC went 0-for-3 on the power play while keeping Maine to 0-for-4.
- Boston College now holds an overall mark of 47-17-7 in the all-time series with Maine ... the Eagles are 23-8-4 at Alfond Arena ... head coach Katie Crowley is now 36-6-3 all-time against Maine.
- Hannah Bilka recorded her 18th career multi-point game and fourth career assist on a game-winning goal ... she capped the weekend with four points on three goals and one assist.
- Kelly Browne's one goal, one assist performance marked her 23rd career multi-point game ... her tally marked her sixth career game-winning goal and second this season.
- Browne now has two career game-winning goals against Maine.
- Abigail Levy finished with 39 saves for the Eagles ... it is the 15th time this season that Levy has recorded 30-or-more saves in a contest.
- Alexie Guay led the Eagles with a game-high six blocked shots.
- Five of the last six meetings between Maine and BC have been decided in overtime ... the Eagles are 3-1-1 in those contests.
Maine: 6-12-1, 4-7-1 HEA Boston College: 10-7-0, 8-4-0 HEA
Boston College will close out the first semester with a single game at Vermont next weekend on Friday, Dec. 10.