BOSTON - Behind two goals from Alexie Guay and 49 saves from Abigail Levy, the Boston College women's hockey team topped No. 3 Northeastern, 3-1, in the Beanpot Tournament semifinal. The Eagles now advance to the Beanpot Championship game next Tuesday against Harvard.
The win marked the 350th career win for head coach Katie Crowley.
The Eagles took a 1-0 lead late in the first period on Guay's first goal. Northeastern equalized the game seven minutes into the final frame, but Guay answered with a power-play tally 90 seconds later. Abby Newhook then added an empty-net goal with 30 seconds to play for the 3-1 final.
Boston College 3, No. 3 Northeastern 1
Tuesday, Feb. 1, 2022 | 7:30 p.m.
Matthews Arena | Boston
- Boston College is now 34-17-2 all-time in the Beanpot since becoming a varsity program (1995-present) ... against Northeastern in the Beanpot, BC is 11-4-1 as a varsity team and 11-13-1 overall.
- BC now advances to the program's 16th Beanpot title game as a varsity squad and 19th overall.
- BC now has an overall mark of 47-46-7 all-time against Northeastern ... the Eagles are now 21-21-2 on the road against the Huskies ... head coach Katie Crowley is now 38-17-4 all-time against Northeastern.
- The win marked Crowley's 350th career win ... she is the third female coach and eighth coach overall to reach 350 career wins at the DI level.
- Northeastern had the 50-25 lead in shots on goal ... BC went 1-for-3 on the power play while Northeastern went 0-for-3.
- Abigail Levy finished with 49 saves for Boston College ... it is the 22nd time this season that she has finished with at least 30 saves for the Eagles and the eighth time she's finished with at least 40 saves.
- Alexie Guay's two goals marked her second career multi-goal game and 10th career multi-point game ... it marked her first career game-winning goal.
- Abby Newhook scored to extend her goal-scoring streak to five games.
- Hannah Bilka extended her point streak to five games.
- The Eagles blocked 22 shots as a team ... Keri Clougherty had a game-high seven blocked shots.
- The Eagles are now 10-17-2 all-time against teams ranked third in the nation.
Boston College: 15-11-0
- Boston College will play two Hockey East tilts this weekend, traveling to New Hampshire on Friday, Feb. 4 before hosting Boston University on Saturday, Feb. 5.
- The Eagles will face Harvard in next Tuesday's Beanpot Championship game.