BOSTON- Powered by Maureen Murphy's hat trick, the No. 5 Northeastern women's hockey team (23-4-1, 18-3-1 Hockey East) defeated Boston University (10-12-5, 9-8-4 Hockey East) 3-0 inside Matthews Arena on Tuesday afternoon in the Beanpot Consolation Game. The win marked Northeastern's first win in the consolation game since 2005.
- Maureen Murphy capitalized on the power play to put the Huskies ahead 1-0 closing out the first period with helpers from Skylar Fontaine and Maddie Mills.
- Murphy then sniped her 19th of the season unassisted midway through the second period to push the score to 2-0.
- The Huskies out-shot the Terriers 14-2 during the second period while dominating on the face-off, winning 11 of 13.
- Murphy tallied her fourth career hat trick to put the Huskies ahead 3-0 early in the third period with assists from Fontaine and Megan Carter and has been involved in the Huskies past eight goals.
- Murphy's power play goals today give the Huskies 31 on the season, the highest total in the NCAA and are 20-1-1 when scoring on the power play.
- Northeastern killed off all four Terrier power plays while having one of the top penalty kill percentages in the NCAA.
- Gwyneth Philips stayed strong in net for the Huskies recording a shutout, and is now 6-1-0 on the season.
Northeastern will host Maine on Friday, February 11th at 6pm and the game can be streamed on SportsLive.