BOSTON - Aerin Frankel made 32 saves to lead the No. 4 Northeastern women's hockey team (27-4-2, 21-3-2 Hockey East) past the University of Connecticut (22-8-4, 16-7-4 Hockey East), 5-0, on Senior Day at Matthews Arena.
- Katie Cipra scored the first goal of the game at 4:51 in the first period off assists from Peyton Anderson and Gillian Foote. Cipra has now scored in back-to-back games.
- Tessa Ward gave the Huskies a 2-0 lead at the 9:32 mark in the first period with assists from Maddie Mills and Skylar Fontaine.
- With around 6:30 to go in the first period, Katy Knoll gave Northeastern its third goal after following up on an offensive play by Maureen Murphy and Lauren MacInnis.
- Mia Brown increased the Huskies' lead to 4-0 with a power-play goal at 17:15 in the second period. Brown was assisted by Megan Carter and MacInnis.
- Miceala Sindoris scored the fifth and final goal for Northeastern at the 13:33 mark in the third period off assists from Murphy and Knoll.
- Frankel finished the game with her NCAA-best 10th shutout of the season, making 32 saves overall.
The Huskies will now turn their attention to the Hockey East tournament as they prepare to host a quarterfinal matchup on Saturday, Feb. 26.