HAMDEN, Conn. - The #7/8 Quinnipiac Bobcats skated to a 5-0 win over the #14/5 Boston College women's hockey team on Friday night at Frank Perrotti, Jr. Arena.
The Bobcats took a 1-0 lead midway through the first period and then doubled it to 2-0 entering the second intermission. Quinnipiac then tacked on three more scores in the final frame.
#7/8 Quinnipiac 5, #14/15 Boston College 0
Friday, Sept. 30, 2022 | 6:00 p.m.
Frank Perrotti, Jr. Arena | Hamden, Conn.
- Quinnipiac had the 54-13 lead in shots on goal
- The Bobcats went 0-for-4 on the power play while the Eagles were 0-for-1.
- Boston College now holds an overall mark of 18-5-4 in the series against Quinnipiac ... the Eagles are 6-5-2 on the road against the Bobcats ... BC is 7-3-3 against Quinnipiac under head coach Katie Crowley.
- Abigail Levy finished with 49 saves for Boston College.
- Kate Ham and Kelly Browne led the Eagles with three shots on goal each.
- Cailin Flynn registered a game-high six blocked shots.
- Olivia O'Brien tied for a game-high in face-off wins at 10.
- This was the first meeting between Quinnipiac and Boston College since Oct. 17, 2017.
Boston College (1-1-0)
- Boston College will open up Hockey East play next weekend with a home-and-home series against Merrimack.
- The Eagles will travel to North Andover, Mass. for a game on Thursday night and then return home to host the Warriors on Friday.