BOSTON, Mass. - Behind four-point nights from graduate student forwards Alina Mueller and Chloé Aurard the No. 3 Northeastern women's hockey team defeated the LIU Sharks, 10-1, on Saturday afternoon at Matthews Arena.
A total of 13 Huskies (2-0-0) got on the score board in today's victory, with Mueller, Aurard, freshman forward Lily Shannon, junior forward Molly Griffin, freshman forward Holly Abela, graduate student forward Maureen Murphy, senior defenseman Megan Carter and graduate student defenseman Maude Poulin-Labelle all recording multi-point games.
- Northeastern tallied three goals in the first and second frame and finished it up with a four-goal third frame.
- Poulin-Labelle opening the scoring with a tally at the 7:53 mark. The goal was Poulin-Labelle's first as a Husky with Taze Thompson claiming the assist and her first point in a NU jersey. Mueller and Abela also tallied first period goals.
- Aurard and Murphy scored a minute and 17 seconds apart in the second frame, with both tallies coming on the power play. Mueller grabbed her second of the day in the second frame, with a shorthanded tally.
- In the final period, Knoll, Shannon, Abela and Mueller all scored. Shannon's goal marked her first career goal as a husky. Abela's was her second of the day and Mueller's gave her the hat trick. Mueller's hat trick was the first of her career.
- With three seconds left in the game, LIU scored its lone goal of the game.
- The Huskies outshot the Sharks, 49-20. Gwyneth Philips picked up her second win of the season with 17 saves and Alexa Matses came on for 7:13 of action in the third period and made two saves.
- Northeastern's 10 goals are the most the Huskies have scored in a game since a 12-0 victory over Holy Cross on Feb. 6, 2021.
The Huskies will open Hockey East play on Friday, Oct. 7 against UConn at 2 p.m. in Matthews Arena.