BOSTON, Mass. - Graduate student Chloé Aurard tallied a two-point night to lead the No. 8/7 Northeastern women's hockey team to a 2-1 victory over the Holy Cross Crusaders on Friday evening at Matthews Arena. With the victory, head coach Dave Flint recorded his 300th career victory behind the Northeastern bench.
- The Huskies and Crusaders played to a scoreless first two frames, with Northeastern holding a 35-13 edge in shots.
- Senior Katy Knoll finally broke through to score her NCAA-leading 13th goal of the season at the 2:53 mark of the third period. Knoll's tally was assisted by graduate student Maude Poulin-Labelle and Aurard.
- Aurard then doubled the Huskies' lead with her 12th career shorthanded goal. Aurard's goal was the eventual game-winner and was unassisted.
- Holy Cross was able to cut the deficit to 2-1 at the 15:50 mark of the third period with a power-play goal, but the Huskies closed out the game on the penalty kill to secure the win.
- Senior goaltender Gwyneth Philips finished with 23 saves in the win. Junior Tory Mariano, freshman Jules Constantinople and junior Abbey Marohn each posted two blocks to lead the Huskies.
- Northeastern outshot Holy Cross, 40-24 overall.
Northeastern will travel to Holy Cross' Hart Center Rink on Saturday, Nov. 18 at 7:30 p.m. to close out the two-game series.