WORCESTER, Mass. - Nick Hale scored the game winner in overtime for the Crusaders as the University of New Hampshire men's hockey team fell to Holy Cross, 3-2 in overtime, on Saturday evening at the Hart Center.
The Wildcats fall to 3-11-1, while the Crusaders improve to 3-12-1.
- The Wildcats return to action when they play No. 11 Boston University in a home-and-home series on Friday and Saturday, Dec. 2-3. The game on Friday is Blue Out BU presented by Unitil at the Whittemore Center at 7 p.m. on NESN+ and ESPN+. The contest on Saturday is at Agganis Arena on ESPN+ at 6 p.m.
- Go to UNHWildcats.com/Tickets or call the ticket office at (603) 862-4000 to catch the most exciting family entertainment in New Hampshire.
Score: Holy Cross 3, New Hampshire 2 (OT)
Records: UNH (3-11-1); HC (3-12-1)
Location: Worcester, Mass. (Hart Center)
Date: Saturday, Nov. 26, 2022
Time: 7 p.m.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Crusaders took a 1-0 lead at 4:29 of the second period when Joe Solimine deflected a shot by Jake Higgins to the upper stick side of the net.
- The Wildcats tied the game at 18:38 of the second period when freshman forward Cy LeClerc (Brentwood, N.H.) sent a shot that ricocheted off the goalie's shoulder and to the back of the net for the power play goal. Senior defenseman Kalle Eriksson (Leksand, Sweden) and sophomore defenseman Colton Huard (Foothill Ranch, Calif.) each posted an assist on the goal.
- UNH moved out to a 2-1 advantage when senior forward Harrison Blaisdell (Regina, Saskatchewan) knocked in a loose puck at 11:05 of the third period. Sophomore forward Connor Sweeney (North Andover, Mass.) and sophomore defenseman Alex Gagne (Bedford, N.H.) each tallied an assist on the goal.
- The Crusaders tied the game at 2-2 just 23 seconds later when Jack Ricketts fired a shot glove side.
- The Crusaders won the game in overtime when Hale found the back of the net on a rebound off a shot by Ricketts.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Freshman goaltender Tyler Muszelik (Long Valley, N.J.) recorded 25 saves, while Jason Grande had 35 to secure the win.
- UNH outshot HC, 37-28.
- The Wildcats went 1-4 on the power play and the Crusaders went 0-1.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- LeClerc now leads the team with five goals.
- The goal by Blaisdell was his first of the season.