CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - The Boston College women's hockey team earned a 4-1 win and weekend sweep of the University of Maine on Friday night at Kelley Rink.
Grace Campbell made 31 saves for the win while Hannah Bilka, Abby Newhook and Kelly Browne each registered one goal and one assist.
Maine converted a power-play 13 minutes into the first period but Newhook responded within 30 seconds for a 1-1 game at the break. Three BC goals in the second period gave the game its final 4-1 score.
Boston College 4, Maine 1
Friday, Jan. 6, 2023 | 6:00 p.m.
Kelley Rink | Chestnut Hill, Mass.
- Boston College now holds an overall mark of 49-18-7 in the all-time series with Maine ... the Eagles are 26-10-3 at home against the Black Bears ... head coach Katie Crowley is now 38-7-3 all-time against Maine.
- The Black Bears held a 32-26 lead in shots on goal.
- BC went 1-for-2 on the power play while Maine went 1-for-3, snapping BC's penalty-kill streak at 22.
- Grace Campbell made 31 saves to move to 3-2-0 on the year.
- Hannah Bilka, Abby Newhook and Kelly Browne each registered one goal and one assist while Gaby Roy and Caroline Goffredo registered two assists each.
- It was the second consecutive multi-point game for Bilka, Newhook, Browne and Roy.
- Bilka's multi-point game was the 31st of her career ... Bilka scored her 11th career game-winning goal to move into a tie for ninth all-time in program history.
- Newhook scored to extend her goal-scoring streak to seven games ... it was her 18th career multi-point game.
- Browne picked up her 33rd career multi-point game.
- With her two points, Browne now moves into 15th all-time in program history in scoring with 128 points (45-83-128).
- Roy registered her eighth career multi-point game.
- Goffredo recorded her seventh career multi-point game.
- Browne finished with a game-high 15 face-off wins.
- Katie Pyne potted her sixth goal of the season.
Maine: 11-12-0, 8-8-0 HEA Boston College: 13-7-1, 11-5-0 HEA
Boston College will play two road games next weekend, facing Northeastern on Friday and Holy Cross on Saturday.