CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - The No.13 Providence College women's hockey team shutout No.15 Boston College, 3-0, on Saturday, Feb. 18 in Chestnut Hill, Mass. in their final game of the 2023 regular season. Lindsay Bochna recorded two goals and Hope Walinski finished with 33 saves.
Providence - 3 | Boston College - 0
Providence - 20-10-4 (15-8-4 HEAW) | Boston College - 19-14-1 (16-11-0 HEAW)
Conte Forum | Chestnut Hill, Mass.
GAME FLOW & NOTES
- Both teams skated through the first period scoreless.
- The Friars got on board first with a goal from Lindsay Bochna (Toronto, Ontario) 2:48 into the second period. Noemi Neubauerova (Prague, Czech Republic) and Sara Hjalmarsson (Bankeryd, Sweden) assisted the goal.
- The Friars led 1-0 heading into the second intermission.
- Hjalmarsson scored 51 seconds into the third period to give the Friars a 2-0 lead. Lily Martinson (Allen, Texas) was credited with the assist. Hjalmarsson currently leads Hockey East in goals scored with 23 this season.
- Bochna netted the final goal of the day on an empty net at the 17:40 mark of the third period. Hjalmarsson and Neubauerova each tallied an assist to make the final score 3-0.
- Hope Walinski (Lincoln, R.I.) finished with 33 saves. Today's shutout marked Walinski's first career start as goalie.
Power plays: 0/2
Penalty Kill: 3/3
Boston College -
Power plays: 0/3
Penalty Kill: 2/2
PC GAME HIGHS
Shots: Bochna (6)
Goals: Bochna (2)
Assists: Hjalmarsson, Neubauerova (2)
Points: Hjalmarsson (3)
The Friars will host a quarterfinal game of the Hockey East tournament at Schneider Arena on Saturday, Feb. 25. The opponent and time of the game have not been announced.